Mast Lights

rwpajak

Member I
I am planning on a trip up the mast this coming weekend to fix an antenna/windex collision problem and on the way I need to replace the bulb in my foredeck light which is combined with my white mast running light. Does anyone know what make the fixtures are and what bulb # I might need to take up the mast with me to save an additional trip????

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
I cannot remember the number - but West Marine has them (are they even on the East Coast??)... I'll see if I can locate an old spare in my electrical box for a part number and will post again if I can find it...

//sse

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
if Sean can't find it...

I'm going to the boat on Wed and can see if we have a bulb around (I think we do) from our boat, assuming it's the same thing.
Chris

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Nope...

Nope - Sorry - Don't have any. I must have left them all on the boat for the new owner (I do such things).

They're pretty basic bulbs - so just hop on up there, yank em' out and take them to the store and match them up - it'll be the cheapest thing you ever replace on your boat (that's what the guy at West told me)! :p

//sse

rwpajak

Member I
Forespar website

I checked the Forespar website but they only list their newer mast lights, so no info on the bulb for the foredeck light.

keckert

I just replaced both bulbs this weekend on my 85 Ericson 30+. It has the old style Forespar combo deck/steaming light. Top (steaming) light is a trade #1416, 10W single bayonet (think it is a "C" base) - they have them at West Marine. The deck light is a larger single bayonet (think it is "G" base) trade # 1383, 20W which they also have at West Marine for $16. I saved some money by finding an Anchor replacement bulb ($5) with the same flared shape and wattage at a local Chandlery in Oakland (Sea-power). Suggest you stick a flag of tape on the face of the bulb to make a handle for installation - hard to get your fingers in the tube to turn without this trick. Be careful when removing the metal clip from the bottom of the deck light tube. I failed to catch the lens and after a 25' fall, it shattered into a million pieces - had to fab a replacement our of plexiglass.

Have fun!

Ken E
"En Route"
Alameda (soon to be Monterey), CA

rwpajak

Member I
Mast Lights E26

I went up the mast and the running/foredeck light was an Aqua Signal with a strange (to me) bulb that wasn't common in the local marine stores. straight bulb fore the running light with indented ends instead of the normal pointed cones. The other was a 13W std bayonett base. I found a 10w an replaced it but also broke the running light. I cobbled a replacement together with a cone shaped one, drilled a hole in the bulb bracket to hold the cone point and used part of the old bulb to wrap around the other end of the bulb so it could fit to the nub on the other end of the bracket. Worked ok, so until I coul get new bulbs.....Did manage to get some at Shelburne Shipyard. So now I will probably go up the mast again this weekend. Great Sport!!!