mast anyone?

happyasclams

Hi. I recently purchased a 1970 Ericson 35 and I need a mast, boom, etc... If you are familiar with this site then you have probably read a story of dismasting on another thread (this is the boat). If anybody has any idea where I could find this much needed mast I would be forever greatful. If not, is there anyone out there with another Ericson 35 that could give me the specs. on the complete spar setup (lengths, widths, whatever you think I may need). I may just have to shell out the cash for a new one and I want to make sure that it performs. If anybody has any suggestions please let me know.

Tom

jon newman

Member I
Kenyon spar

Try Rig -Rite, or look under Kenyon Spars, they have all the material to build you a new spar. Regards: jeniii

Mewens

Dismasting

What happened to your mast? I am in the process of buying an Ericson 35 and was a little surprised that the mast is deck stepped. Do you know of any problems that the 35s have with their masts?

Thanks

Michael

Don

Tom,
If you're still looking for mast details I have a '72 35' MKII. I will be up the mast doing some work in the next week so if you need measurements let me know.
How much do they want for a new one?
Good Luck,
Don

Martin King

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
If you decide on a new mast, give LeFiell a call. They built
a mast and boom for my 31C and my dad's custom built
last year and did a nice job.

Martin

noproblemo2

Member III
I agree with Lefeill, we replaced our mast a few years ago, not due to any design fault, but she was demasted during a storm while in dry dock. They do excellant work and the quality is excellant as well.