Marine Survey recommendations Chicago

chitown

Does anyone have firsthand experience with a specific MarineSurveyor they would recommend in the Chicago area. Or perhaps a forum somewherethat provides reviews?<o:p></o>

I’ve read some reports of people having good and bad experience. I imagine like many things it comes down towho is performing the work. For thisreason I'm trying to perform some due diligence. If anyone has feedback it would be greatlyappreciated. I intend to be present forthe survey if anyone knows a person that’s not comfortable doing that then I’drather not reach out to them.
Thanks!

Mort Fligelman

Member III
Surveyor Chicago Area

Many years back I used Mel Surdel for an insurance survey......I was quite satisfied with his procedures, and I was right there with him all of the time.

My assumption (And that is worth exactly (0.02)) is that he knew his business then, and if senility has not set in (remember...I said "MANY YEARS") then he will in all probability be capable of doing a proper job.

I did a google search "marine surveyor Surdel".....found the following:-

Melvin Surdel
A-1 Marine Surveyors
7804 W. College Dr.
Palos Heights, IL 60463

708-259-6436

Good Luck

chitown

Chicago Survey

Thank you for your replies I came across this name in my own searches today. I'll add him the the short list. Much appreciated. Hopefully all goes well and will soon join the brethren :)