Marina and repair yard recommendations

BC04

I'm the new owner of an E32-3. She's in good shape but I want to be prepared for any contingency. I'm sailing out of Great Kills on Staten Island into the Raritan Bay and New York Harbor. If she needs repairs I want to have a plan in place.

Navman

Member III
repairs

Congrat's on your new boat.
Welcome to the E-club. For repairs or emergencies there is City Island which has a lot of easy docking and great resources, Liberty Landing also has a full mechanic staff. Great Kills Harbor has two different marina's to choose from and it is very well protected, and there are many more. I would advise that you download the app for Navionics. The basic edition is free I believe, upgrade is 2.50. One of the many options readily available are the marinas. When you go into your menu's page you can select "marina's" and they will automatically be shown on the chart for the area you are in (you may have to zoom in on the chart so the icon displays). Put your cursor over the marina icon on the chart and it will give you all of the contact phone numbers as well as the services that the marina provides. I find Navionics to be a great program and have delivered sailboats from Martha's Vineyard to the southern Chesapeake and have done the Block island run to the southern Chesapeake and back many times using only my phone ( always have the paper chart plotted also). Of course you would be remiss if you didn't have some kind of tow endorsement in your insurance policy or through Boat U.S., Sea Tow or some other provider. Fair tides and good weather to you.

Good Luck,
Navman
E-38 ,
SV- The Optimist II

ddoles

Member III
Another option in the area is Lockwood Boatworks in South Amboy, NJ. Its across the bay from you. They are a full service marina, yard and store, family owned and have been around for years. Can be a bit pricey, but they do good work.

Best of luck,

Dave

BC04

Thanks.

I just took her out for the season. Good to know from other sailors what's around. So far so good.