Main hatch replacement

JM

Member I
I recently replaces my main salon hatch, with a design of my own. It came out great (if I do say so myself). Please check out the pics! Thanks. Also, I do have some more, please don't hesitate to e-mail me!
Jean M.

Attachments

• im000381.jpg
    im000381.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 502

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Nice looking!

I like the light and air that such a hatch brings in. It looks like you have also added a traveler for a self-tacking jib.
Has this upgrade made it hard to fit a vang?
Anyway, nice finish work!!

Loren

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Excellent Job!

Nice job on the skylight - makes me want to rip out my salon's hatch.... Nice picture in the post too - congrats on being the first user to take advantage of this new feature! :)

//sse

Guys, I've got an 1973 E25, and since my girl is somewhat shorter than the boat in a picture (although she's actually IN the water), I hate that square hatch. It's old wood, and I need to replace it. I don't have the time to construct my own, and was wondering if any of the low profile models on the market today will do the trick on my boat. Any recommendations?

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Sure - go to Lewmar's main site and check out the medium and low profile hatches. The Ocean Series is due for discontinuation - and the medium and low profile versions can be disassembled - so the lexan can be replaced.

//sse