M-15 coolant/exhaust system

jmilanette

Is anyone familiar with a cast aluminum housing for an M-15 cooling system that is Universal part number 299943? I think this mixes a coolant system (antifreeze, etc.) with the raw seawater cooling. This riser (it really looks like a manifold to me) has cracked beyond what I think would be economical repair. I got it off - two hoses and two bolts and a gasket - and I can't seem to locate any information on that part number anywhere on the Internet. (This cast Universal part has its number in raised letters on the side so I know I have the correct part number.) I'm guessing Universal doesn't manufacture it any more. When I called Torresen Marine and then sent an e-mail with a close-up photograph and an inquiry as to what it was, I couldn't even get a response. This system is mounted on my E-28+ and I admit to not being all that savvy a mechanic but I can bolt on a new one - if I could find it. The top red hose goes to an antifreeze/coolant system in the port lazarette locker. The bottom hose goes into the exhaust system. I'm stymied and sailing season is slipping away. Any recommendations would be most appreciated.

jmilanette

Just to follow-up and close out. Kelley at Torresen confirmed that it was the elbow and a new part if on the way. We hope to be back on the water soon. Thanks for the help!

Razz

Member I
Heat riser

I had to replace mine 2 years ago and I put a Westerbeke aluminum heat riser and replaced all the hose, tubing and pipe to make it work. It came out beautifully and I like the Westerbeke part better than the original. The fit is a little tight but it's worth the effort.