Lower Thermostat Housing for Universal M12

jbg

I have a broken lower thermostat housing for a Universal M12 on my E28+. The part# 301332 Water Flange and it's replacement are no longer available. Does anyone know where I might get used parts for a Universal M12?

Last edited:

bayhoss

Member III
Used parts are difficult to come by. I think that part is cast aluminum, which almost rules out welding. There is however a glue made for metal called JB Weld. I used it to repair the engine block of a truck - it lasted for years. It may be a consideration.

Best,
Frank

stgermain45

Member I
Are you certain that you can't have a new replacement part machined from Westerbeke? I just had this done for an upper thermostat housing by them for the very same engine (M12) on my E28. Very long story short, in replacing my thermostat, one of the screw heads holding the two housings together cracked and extracting/drilling the screw out proved to not be an option. I contacted every single Westerbeke distributor and several independent dealers within the US and the part was unavailable. It took a painful 10 weeks (including them mis-sizing one of the threads and then "fixing" it by supplying me with a larger elbow adapter), but I did finally get new parts from them. This was only a month ago, so I would think Westerbeke can do the lower hosing for you (and hopefully get the threads right!). The bad news is that Westerbeke is particularly awful about getting back to their distributor's inquiries and will not talk directly to the consumer...you just need to follow up regularly with the distributor you placed the order with so that it doesn't get lost in their emails. Trust me - you'll need to "nag" them!

http://www.westerbeke.com/Dealer/SearchDealer.aspx

-Chris