Looking to replace what I believe is injection elbow?

Kadima

I have been chasing a problem with my raw water cooling system since May. I have a universal m25 engine. My raw water pump is not strong enough to pull water from a bucket and through the engine. I thought it was a simple issue with gravity so we used a funnel and a hose held shoulder high to winterize the engine. Unfortunately, that did not solve our problem when the boat went back into the water this spring...still no water out the exhaust. We checked all lines and cleaned out the heat exchanger twice. Replaced the impeller despite the old impeller looking fine. We had water coming out the back of the exhaust and were happy sailors. Our happiness was short lived as we returned to the boat about a week later and again no flow from the exhaust. After following instructions regarding dealing with airlocks we again had water coming from the exhaust. We were happy sailors again for 3 weeks. Unfortunately, we again have no water at all coming from the exhaust. I am all out of ideas of what could be causing the problem. In removing and examining every hose the smallest outlet of what I believe is the injection elbow broke off. I have been able to find where to replace this part. I have included a picture of the part (intact) and was hoping someone could help in locating the replacement part. I also welcome any suggestions on what may be going on with our otherwise strong engine. Thanks!water injection elbow.jpg

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
I am not familiar with that part or why it would be there, however it looks to be made from common plumbing parts. you should be able to reproduce it with a trip to the local hardware store. The small port would probably take some drilling and tapping. Or it may be that soldering it up from copper would fit better. But a bit of ingenuity will get you a replacement. Good luck, Edd

Pat O'Connell

Member III
Intermittant Water

Hi Respected Sailors
I wonder if that intermittant exhaust water could be on the intake side? Maybe a air leak at the salt water strainer. Our Perko Strainer has a big gasket in the top that gets pretty dry and needs to be carefully tightened when the gasket is old and dry. Air getting in the intake might make airlocks hard to dissipate?
I'm sure my tee is due to break. Hope to hear of a easy solution there.
Pat
1981 E28+

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
That "T" fitting where the smaller syphon break hose is attached is just before the water is injected in the exhaust elbow. Looks to be the same on our M25XP. That little T may take some fabricating to replace it if that's what broke.
I tried to get a good picture of ours.
Not a lot of contrast to show the routing unfortunately due to poor skills on my part...
:(

Loren

Attachments

• engine raw water route.jpg
    engine raw water route.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 79