Looking for E27 owners

tooblaaave

Member I
Hello folks,
I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with lerning bout my 1978 E27. My survey came back better then average, I have a yanmar 8hp diesel, I have tons of questions about this boat, she sails great even with what looks like the original main. so I need one of those and dont know where to start. So if any on is willing to impart info and expertice let my know Nic:egrin::confused:

Jarod

Member III
I am a fellow E27 owner north of you in Vancouver, BC. I think I know every inch of my boat after bringing my boat back from years of neglect. There are many knowledgable folks around here. I learned a ton just by reading old posts it was a great way to learn about my boat in the first year of ownership. I look forward to seeing some pics of your new baby...they are great boats.

Welcome to the group.

Jarod

*** Oh and with respect to sails ..I am getting a new main this year and I will likely go with a new "budget" sail from The Sail Warehouse (online). The opinions are mixed as to the quality but some have been quite happy with their products so I am going to take a chance, keep in mind I am just a laid back gunkholer...no racing, offshore etc etc.

Last edited:

chasandjudy

chas and judy
new sails

:egrin:
Hello folks,
I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with lerning bout my 1978 E27. My survey came back etter then average, I have a yanmar 8hp diesel, I have tons of questions about this boat, she sails great even with what looks like the origianl Main. so I need one of those and dont know where to start. So if any on is willing to impart info and expertice let my know Nic:egrin::confused:

Best sails and prices in Canada I have and a few other ericson owners in Victoria Call collect Wayne Gooderham 1-800 250 4625 he give you all the facts about your E 27 and the best prices especially if you order noe and do not want them till Feb or March . As much as 30% off tell him I tld you to give him a call He is in Toronto Canada (they do not sail in the winter)
www.shorelinesails.com phone me @ Victoria B.C. 250-888-4503 or home
250 478 3669 better still come over to Vancouver Island , inspect my sails and go sailing. I race my E 30+ every Sunday and anyone is welcome.
or see you at the next rendezvous in Port Townsend on the fouth of July 2009

Chas and Judi Eden E 30+ # 720

tremellose

Member I
New E27 Operator

Hello,

I recently brought my sister's E27 over from Vancouver to the Island and am learning lots! We took a day to bring her to Nanaimo and from there I brought her with a friend to French Creek; where, just outside Parksville I grounded the boat. I have no sailing experience or boating experience and wish I would have given my head a shake - so I thought everything was ok but there is about a gallon of water coming in per day so she's coming back out of the water anyday to fix my screw-up.

Now that I've been reading some books on sailing I realize just how much risk I was taking (not to mention having a friend with me with no experience either.) So I'm slowing down now, doing some clean-up and repairs and will be enrolling in the next Power Squadron course (to begin with.)

I just took the mainsail off today so I could take a good look at it; a few of the slugs had broken off so I'll need to look at how to attach new ones - they appear to have been sewn.

Well, other than feeling a little shameful for not taking things a little more seriously from the start - I'm still excited about learning and experiencing sailing.

e38sailorman

Member II
tooblaaave,

There are several E boats in the area and several here in Gig Harbor, come down to Millville Marina, Dick has a 27, he is a good guy and could impart "27 Knowledge" there is also a 29 a 32 and my 38 in the marina. If you want to contact Dick PM me and I'll get his phone number for you.

Marc
E38 WaveWalker
Gig Harbor Wa.