Looking for a clean ericson 38 - FOUND

thevans

Member I
WE are serious about buying a 38ft, Ericson in the nest few months.Must be in the Sf to San Diego area, don't want to deal with shipping costs.

Looking for a boat loved and cared for, updated and ready to go.

Regards

thevans in LA

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
thevans in LA >>> the e38-200's are nice, ea? i am also l@@kin' and keeping my ear to the ground on them...as i see them come up for sale...$60 - $99k will get a nice one, outfitted, in sound shape....i see one every once and a while pop up on the craigslist for sf bay, san diego, and orangecounty/la list....also. watch the ericson for sale sights listed here on the ericson yachts org board...there are some nice ones there as well...not much for gettin' one on the east coast, and spending some time sailing it down through the keys, mx, and pannama, ea? that would take some time & $$, but would be a hell of a shake down cruise....at least there would be pleanty of cheap labot along the way for minor repairs, fixes, and/or upgrades...anyway, you want to end up on the west coast ea? i imagine you would want to end up in a nice marina w/cool facilities as well, ea? showers, hookups, food, wireless, etc...?...cheers...good luck on your search!! richard / colorado / odyssey sailing corp.. :egrin:

thevans

Member I
Found our Ericson 38

Pleased to let all know that we are now proud owners of an Ericson-38.
She's in good shape and was lovingly cared for her by her previous owners for 15 years. Hopefully she will be our family boat for another 15 years.

bnort3

Congrats on Finding Your 38!

I'm also currently looking at purchasing a 38. Don't know too much about Ericson's but I'm learning a lot on this site. I'm curious, what is it about the 38 that you like? Also, do you mind sharing the year and purchase price, etc? That would be helpful as I do my search.

Thanks and happy sailing!!

thevans

Member I
Regards your questions

We really like the layout of the 38ft and what we had heard by other Ericson owners that these were great boats. We purchased a 1982 at $66.000. It was very clean and obviously well cared for. We probably paid more than the current Los Angeles market value but we after seeing others we really liked the boat the owners and how the survey came out. We sailed her back 50 miles to her new port and she felt like a great solid boat. We are very happy and proud new owners. She will take us for many years of enjoyment and many wonderful sailing experiences absolutely no regrets.

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
nice...what year and what did ya pay ?? congrat's......!! :egrin:

Pleased to let all know that we are now proud owners of an Ericson-38.
She's in good shape and was lovingly cared for her by her previous owners for 15 years. Hopefully she will be our family boat for another 15 years.

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
Here is what they said about their new boat,

We really like the layout of the 38ft and what we had heard by other Ericson owners that these were great boats. We purchased a 1982 at $66.000. It was very clean and obviously well cared for. We probably paid more than the current Los Angeles market value but we after seeing others we really liked the boat the owners and how the survey came out. We sailed her back 50 miles to her new port and she felt like a great solid boat. We are very happy and proud new owners. She will take us for many years of enjoyment and many wonderful sailing experiences absolutely no regrets.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder

Music to my ears...congrats and a great decision. You'll find time and again why Ericsons are such great boats.

//sse

Mindscape

Member III
Congrats on your new boat! You'll find the folks here an incredible resource as you begin to make her your own.