Location of GFCI outlet in E34

Brookelise

Member II
Can anyone tell me where the GFCI outlet is on the E34? The surveyor tripped the GFCI and couldn't find the outlet with it. (He tripped it to test it, in an outlet in the galley without a GFCI.) We looked everywhere and couldn't find the GFCI outlet, either. Is there an outlet with a red GFCI button or is there just a circuit breaker on the 110 volt service panel?

Thanks,

-- Brooke

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
I was only half paying attention when I replied a moment ago. If the surveyer tripped the GFI there must be one, unless he tripped the breaker on the panel. If he tripped the breaker by putting a short circuit on the line I would probably fire him on the spot. That is a very unsafe thing to do.

You test a GFI with a very small current. It is supposed to be a non destructive test. :rolleyes:

Steve

Member III
Likely the first upstream outlet

The nav station makes sense since it's likely the first outlet, -the GFCI protects everything downstream to the last outlet. If it's not there -may not be one?

Does the boat have a wiring blueprint? My 35-3 came with a nice factory blueprint of the complete AC and DC system distribution. Sure has come in handy!

Steve

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Just a thought...

Could the GFCI breaker be behind the AC or DC panel? It would be a weird place, maybe, but I've found a couple breakers of some kind behind my DC panel, for 12V applications.