Lancer, anyone?

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
I'm still keeping my eye out for a nice, older Ericson, but saw an ad for a Lancer that's priced nicely and looks pretty good as well. Anyone have any experience or opinions on these boats as compared to Ericson?

Thanks!

Mark

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
OK for protected waters -- kind of like a much lower-builld-quality Catalina, IMHO.
Closer to an old Venture in strength, IMO.
Loren

Last edited:

wurzner

Member III
One of the guys in our club has a 36 and it is a nice boat that does well on the race course. I haven't spent anytime below so I can't speak to it, but I can put you in touch with his son who is an excellent racer and would share all you need to know about the boat. Email me at wurzner@yahoo.com if you want his contact information.

cheers
shaun

Meanolddad

Member III
There is a Lancer 30 in a slip near mine and the owner is always complaining about the fact that his boat is very tender. Tender to the point of beating him up. Keep looking for an Ericson, ours is the best boat we have owned.
Hope this helps
Greg

Kim Schoedel

Member III
There is a Lancer 36 for sale at our marina. I have not sailed this boat. Nice lines though. Very different configuration below with the settee forward in the V. Not sure of the condition of this one but that would be up to a surveyor. It has been for sale for about 2 years now and I think the price started at 48K and is now down to 38K approx.

chealey

Lancer

I owned one before and they are very tender boats and low quality. The hulls are very thin. I would recmond that you keep looking for a ericson, much better boat.