Lahaina YC members?

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Anyone here a member of Lahaina Yacht Club?

I was thinking of dusting off my associate (non-resident) membership, mostly for the reciprocals. But it's been so long that I need to re-apply from scratch.

Which means I need a letter of introduction from a current member.

Anyone here a member?

Bruce

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Our club has long had "reciprocals" with them. I and Kathy had a nice lunch there in 2014 while visiting as tourists. If you have a current membership card from a YC, you can probably sign their log and visit.
There must be hundreds (!) of club burgees hanging overhead!

The pulled pork sandwich was excellent, BTW.

:)

Loren

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
If you have a current membership card from a YC, you can probably sign their log and visit.There must be hundreds (!) of club burgees hanging overhead

I'm actually looking at this the other direction. I'm thinking of joining a club, mostly for the reciprocals. The two most local clubs (Everett and Milltown) have reciprocals with a few dozen clubs around Puget Sound, many pretty esoteric. I'd like to end up with reciprocals at a variety of clubs (such as Royal Vic), and bonus if I end up with reciprocals outside the Sound, too.

I'm mindful that when I was once a member of LYC, I enjoyed the fact that they have reciprocals with upward of 1000 clubs, all over the world. So I'm trying to explore whether or not it makes sense to re-join Lahaina, it's been something like 20 years since I let it expire.

Bruce