Kubota cross over Numbers??

rhewitt

Member II
For some reason I knew one of the Guys in Portland would come through...
And of course the King of all Ericson threads, Thanks.

Now if someone could come up with where I could find the Kubota cross over referance numbers I could procede in trying to get some parts and get them down here to Nica Land.

What site, the Kubota folks will not help I have been there.

Thanks

Ralph

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
FWIW, the Kubota block number is D-950 for an M-25XP. The block number should allow you to find similar Kubota engines.

If you do any good please pass along what you find.

rhewitt

Member II
A Big Thanks...

Tom,

You the Man...
Armed with that information I can now maybe get a parts list from a Kubota dealer and order what I need to rebuild my little M-25XP.

Wow, not only the block # but the service book too.... What a Guy.

Thanks be to Tom, it is not true what others might say about those folks from N.Y.

Tom,when you come down to Nica land you get a few days on us free one for every night you stay, like two for one, www.parkavenuevillas.com and a cruise in a wonderful Ericson 34 crewed by our local Sea Scouts in training. (if I can get the engine rebuilt and running).

Thanks,
Ralph

Got your answer?

Sounds like you got your answer. What marinized Kubota engine do you have? Universal? Beta?...
While researching engines for Neodesha, I spoke with Stanley at Beta N.A. in North Carolina- he provides the Beta to Kubota parts cross ref. for Beta marinized Kubotas.

Don

rhewitt

Member II
Good Texan that I am....

Glad to meet you, we too are from Texas... Waxahachie (means 35 miles south of Dallas on I-35).

Thanks for the input, Universal M-25XP in the brand I am sure he could give me some good input and numbers too.

No, I have yet to find a dealer and or a warehouse that will give me info.

Please forward anything that might help. When do you want to come south and enjoy some good living?

Ralph

clayton

Member III
Kubota cross over numbers

Check out the following link:
www.sailingboatefaki.gr/engine manuals.htm
then scroll 1/2 way down the page and voila, everything you need.
There are links listed for some Yanmar info as well. (All of us M25-XP owners should send this guy a nice thank you.)
Good luck!
Clayton
P.S. Then check out www.tractorsmart.com where you can input your part # and get pricing, etc.
Their phone # is 717-450-1250, Ronnie Bowman typically answers the phone and will undoubtedly tell you that not all sailboat engine parts match tractor parts, but he is very helpful. Great prices also. No affiliation other than as a happy customer.
P.P.S.S. There is a guy from the Catatlina 34 owners site I think who documented his rebuild of his M25-XP with photos and description.

Last edited:
That is Great Info--

Unfortunately, the distributors want us to have to order through them using their OEM part numbers after marinizing (instead of the manufacturers-) Most often with a huge markup. The Beta folks said that their parts cost the same as Kubota- and he would also provide the cross reference. Wish they would all be so accomodating.

And, nice to meet you too, Waxahachie (I know exactly where that is..) Having fun down there, are you? Wish I could join you- but first I gotta get this %$#* Penta 2003T running again $$$$. When replacement time comes, it'll be Beta's Kubota for me.

:esad: