Just retired the old AquaSignal Bow Light

Kenneth K

1985 32-3, Puget Sound
Blogs Author
Finally retired my original AquaSignal bow/navigation light. 10W incandescent, non-insulated-screw-in terminals, made in Germany, 38 years old, and never didn't work.

I'll be replacing with a Marinebeam LED unit after re-bedding the bow pulpit stanchion bases. I hope it lasts as long.

20230925_163358.jpg

bsangs

E35-3 - New Jersey
Finally retired my original AquaSignal bow/navigation light. 10W incandescent, non-insulated-screw-in terminals, made in Germany, 38 years old, and never didn't work.

I'll be replacing with a Marinebeam LED unit after re-bedding the bow pulpit stanchion bases. I hope it lasts as long.

View attachment 48230
Well now I know how old my bow navigation light is, along with the manufacturer. Still going strong (knock wood). Good luck with the LED model. Hope it works well.

Kenneth K

1985 32-3, Puget Sound
Blogs Author
Well now I know how old my bow navigation light is, along with the manufacturer. Still going strong (knock wood). Good luck with the LED model. Hope it works well.
Yeah. Check the wires where they exit the hole in the pulpit rail. Mine had no rubber grommet (or, it has long been missing), so the wire jackets were chafed through almost to bare wire.

20181027_152153.jpg (from the stern light)

Last edited:

Slick470

Member III
Replaced all of the old original running lights with LED replacements a couple seasons ago. The new ones are a lot brighter and the lower power consumption is a nice bonus too. I'm sure having non-oxidized 30+ year old lenses helps a lot with the output too. Certainly looks a lot better.

peaman

Sustaining Member
I'll be replacing with a Marinebeam LED unit
Got a link for that? Last year, I replaced bow and stern with new Aquasignal to avoid needing to re-work mounting and wiring. Too bad they don't have an LED version, but the new lenses look great.

Kenneth K

1985 32-3, Puget Sound
Blogs Author
Got a link for that?

$89 for the LED bow light. Available in black or white case. The case is a slightly larger footprint than the old AquaSignal's, so you'll have to drill both new mounting holes, and a large hole for the power wire that exits that back of the LED case.

20191130_123455.jpg 20191125_154210~2.jpg