JOURNEY is for sale

Ray Rhode

Member III
We are sorry to have to announce that due to recurring health issues and advancing age (ours not the boat’s) we have decided to sell JOURNEY. We have had eleven years of enjoyment and have benefitted from our association with this group. We hope to find someone else who can enjoy her and the group as much as we did.

Ray and Nancy Rhode
S/V JOURNEY
E35-III, #189

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Gosh that is quite a change, but we all do what needs doin'.
I hope you can still find ways to enjoy being out on the water.
If you have some photos, please attach them.
A full description and a price would help a lot too.

Regards,
Loren

ps: I just realized that we joined this site at the same time! :)

Last edited:

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Sorry to hear that Ray. I know from experience that it will be tough to part with her. Take care and I hope you get a chance to sail OPBs as I have been this summer.

Ray Rhode

Member III
Loren,

Plan to put together an inventory, upgrade list and photos to send out to anyone interested. I’m just getting started having only recently made the final decision. Have a couple of interested parties but will probably have to turn her over to a broker next month.

Ray

Jlroberts280

Member I
Ray,
My wife and I are currently looking. Maybe we can save you the broker fees. If you have pictures/details let me know. Or, give me a call 860/930/9687.

Sincerely,
Jon Roberts

Ray Rhode

Member III
Jon,

I have photos and written description and upgrades I can send you if you don't mind sending me an e-mail address. Mine is raysmail@cox.net so you can do it back channel. I would be interested is saving us both broker's fees, and in selling JOURNEY to someone who understands what an Ericson is all about.

Ray

Ray Rhode

Member III
We have a signed contract and will conduct the survey and sea trial later this month. Thanks to all of you who have provided info and advice and a special thanks to Sean for providing this "place" to meet.

Ray

Attachments

• Journey.jpg
    Journey.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 87

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I wonder if the new owner realizes that one of the duties of ownership is becoming a participant in this site!
It's been great reading your thoughts for a decade and I hope you continue to drop by with Ericson or just boating-related comments.
;)

Will you still be on the water?
Dinghy? Kayak? Powerboat?

Ray Rhode

Member III
Loren,

I will definitely make him aware of the value of the Ericson community and encourage him to participate. We are going in opposite directions. He is a stinkboater who has seen the light and we are going over to the dark side and will be looking for a trawler. We will need to find a very special trawler in order to live up to the Ericson standard.

Ray