Instruments

Mike & Dawn

I currently have Navico wind, speed & depth on my 27. none of which work. I want to replace them all with like types of display, 4" square. Are there any other options beside Raymarine ST60, TackTick and Nexus NXS. i was hoping not to spend my "whole" budget on new instruments. Thanks, Mike

Jarod

Member III
I have a raymarine st40 depth sounder and it works great...although not as pricey as the st 60 series i still feel it has a better quality than many of the sounders out there. I am not too sure about other gauges in the st40 series but it might be something to check out as they are substantially less than the 60 series.

ref_123

Member III
Navman

Hi,

we replaced ours with Navman 3100 series and they work great. Good value IMHO. Some people complain about their quality, but we never had any issues.

Thanks,
Stan

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
Navman was purchased by Northstar which in turn is owned by Navico. I have not seen the Navman instruments since then. I am guessing that Navico didn't need the instrument line since they also own Simrad and B&G....

That said, I just ordered the new IS20 instruments from Simrad. I am getting a wind and a multi display that shows speed, depth and temp all on one screen. Those two next to the new autopilot head means 3 instruments instead of 4 at the helm. Less is good.

RT