Inspected a 32-3 photo'ed areas of concern

ofshore74

Member III
I'm not a surveyor just tried to capture and document areas I thought might be a concern for a 32-3 I'm considering. Here is the list, there's a link with images below that:

- pulpit bent, collision
- tip of bow: cracks
- pulpit meets deck, cracks
- water damage portside: all along the wood, curtain runners fell out of wood it's so delaminated, soft - started from mast
- engine rebuilt over 10 years ago (600hrs) quite loud/clunky sounding - thought universals were quieter
- steering gland greased, where fittings connect it's heavily corroded
- pressure cracks in cockpit
- traveler damaged?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx6tzmnoism-X2EtWUhxUS1uUGs

Not sure how many of these might be deal-breakers, or if this is a money pit, regular maintenance done, corners cut here and there, natural gas oven, I'm 6'1 felt a bit cramped. Could be all the dark wood feels like a cavern. Anyway, initial thoughts and documentation of my trip today for those curious or inclined to advise. Cheers.

Edit: titled it 32-2 meant 3.

Last edited:

tenders

Innocent Bystander
Those look like normal issues for a 30-year-old boat to me. Probably all boats have cracks like that and bent rails-stanchions. Patch the cracks if you don't like them and bend the rail back if it bothers you - the boat will not care either way. The cause of the water damage should be found and stopped; it's likely something simple but it can take a long time to track it down. Looks like great tank and engine access, lots of time that's half the problem.