I'm an Ericson 38 owner again!

kiwisailor

Member III
Blogs Author
So after selling my 1981 Ericson 38 (SV Kiwi) last October after 5 years of ownership I've today just bought a 1996 Pacific Seacraft Ericson 380 (SV Wind Dancer) and will be moving her back to Groton, CT tomorrow then haul out on Sunday. Have a to-do-list to work on over the winter layup but looking forward to getting back to cruising the local waters next season.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
So after selling my 1981 Ericson 38 (SV Kiwi) last October after 5 years of ownership I've today just bought a 1996 Pacific Seacraft Ericson 380 (SV Wind Dancer) and will be moving her back to Groton, CT tomorrow then haul out on Sunday. Have a to-do-list to work on over the winter layup but looking forward to getting back to cruising the local waters next season.
Congrats! And welcome back! :egrin:

kiwisailor

Member III
Blogs Author
Love to hear your insights and also the differences between the 380 model vs 38-200.
I was looking at IPs, Calibers etc. But you just can't beat the Ercisons for value $$ and sailing ability. The things I see on the E380 is the Pacific Seacraft workmanship is better, all thru hull seacocks are labeled, better wiring and brighter cabin interior and finishing. The E380 aft cabin is also a double instead of a quarter berth that the E38 had as they pushed the cabin under the cockpit sole and binnacle. The downside is the lazarette is smaller and the aft one is very small due to the swim platform and steering quadrant.