If Noah was an Oligarch we'd all be Wet

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
I can't help but imagine that those authorities that seize these behemoths will soon be begging the original owners to take them back.
It's not as if there is anybody else who can afford to own them. And the cost of storing them will soon add up.
Well, there are always artificial reef programs, I suppose.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I love the bad luck of having your 500-foot personal vessel in drydock.

Kinda impedes the getaway....

Stuphoto

Member III
I can't help but imagine that those authorities that seize these behemoths will soon be begging the original owners to take them back.
It's not as if there is anybody else who can afford to own them. And the cost of storing them will soon add up.
I know of some islands and coastal cities where they would make excellent affordable housing units.

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
Must be a new definition of "affordable" with which I was not previously familiar.

"Requiring the plunder of a medium-sized economy to operate."

Stuphoto

Member III
I imagine it could house 10 plus families at let's say $1,000 each per month which is very affordable some areas.
An agreement that they handle the cleaning.
Not going anywhere, so crew needed. For that matter you could probably part out the running gear.

I would think there is already a big water maker on board, so the main expenses will be electricity and hauling out the sewage.

Bolo

Contributing Partner
The US Navy could tow them out to a target range and use them for practice. Just a suggestion mind you, but a good one. Im 100% Polish so I have a more then passing interest.

Saverio

Member III
in Italy we have seized 6 ships, real estate, land, companies, current accounts etc, blocked flights, compulsory residence for Russi, value over € 600 billion attributable to Putin friends