Ice box tray??

chuckshipp

Old tray made of wood, coming apart, Dem--17 3/4"x 15 " Looking for something like a stove grill, or a barbacue grill with these dementions.
anyone out there got any suggestions??
Chuck Shipp

treilley

Sustaining Partner
That will rust in there. I would suggest either Starboard or maybe a piece of Lexan acryllic. These two will be much easier to shape properly.

u079721

Contributing Partner
I bought a few lengths of 1" by 1" white plastic wood, essentially the same as Starboard, and just screwed together a grid using SS screws. Worked great, couldn't rot, and I was able to customized the size to perfectly fit the icebox.

Mort Fligelman

Member III
Ice Box Shelf

My E35-3 came with lexan shelves in the box with holes drilled in them....looks like clear Swiss Cheese, but with larger holes.....I agree with Tim....this would be your easiest, cheapest, and best soloution....

Good luck

Finally

Wire shelving

Me too. I found some coated wire shelving, appropriately wide, cut it to length and coated the cut ends with epoxy. I mounted a couple of strips of acrylic, left over from another project, and when I take out my comestibles. (Love the word.) I can tilt and lift the wire shelving out, clean out the icebox. Even that back section that I have to lie on the stove to reach, and replace the rack. I'm thinking of putting a coldplate in as a someday project.
Matt Nunes
SV Finally

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
How'd they get it in there?

My 30+ has the "swiss cheese" shelf apparatus and I could never figure how to get it out of there. Like a lot of things on the boat it was probably put in there in the building process with no thought of how to get it out later...