I will be a the Isthmus (Two Harbors) from Friday Oct 20th

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Photos & Sails

Ric, There is actually a button you can click on that reads "Manage Attachments" when you post a new thread or reply to a posting. It is in the additional options window just scroll down until you see it. You may have to reduce the size of your image. a .jpg is best, make sure the image is no more than 293 KB and max size is no more than 800 X 600. Then select choose file and click on upload. I usually keep my photos no wider than 400, just no need to make it bigger.

Mark, I believe Ric said it was $3300. for both. Sounds like a great deal for the size of your boat. I ordered my sails from Lee in Hong Kong http://www.leesails.com/ and paid $2K for both a full batten main and a 140 Genoa. I am very happy with my sails but because it was a mail order company I had to take all the measurements my self. I saved about 1k over the estimates I got locally. The full battens added to the price. If I would have purchased conventional battens it would have even been cheaper.

Last edited:

MarkA

Please Contact Admin.
Yeah, Jeff; that's the way I read Ric's comment, too.

I'm surprised, because the few quotes I've recieved from mail order lofts were much higher. I've been expecting to pay about $3,200 for a 130 genoa, and about $2,800 to $3,000 for the main.

My boat is a bit of a mutt, rigging wise. The PO told me another PO swapped the mast for a taller Schock 35 rig. The main sail appears to be off a Cal 35, based on the insignia. I'll have to do some carefull measuring before I order anything.

The boat came with just a turnbuckle for backstay adjustment, and I'm thinking I need a hydrolic adjuster. Any tips? With new sails, a tuned rig, and a scrubbed bottom, I don't intend to let Ric blast past me WHILE TOWING HIS DINGHY!!! :egrin:

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
You'll get there!

You know my boat is much smaller than yours, I sail a E-27, thus the reason for the lower sail cost. I don't have or really need a back stay adjuster. I have hit up to 8.5 knots with dinghy in tow. My new sails and the full battens have given me a lot more speed. If you have a split aft stay you can rig up a block purchase adjuster. Lots to do on a used boat. Took me about 4 years to get my boat up to snuff. Just take it one day and one project at a time. You'll get there!:egrin: