I need an anchor lock.

Glyn Judson

All, This is the first time to add an image so bear with me. I need a bronze anchor lock and am having the Devil of a time locating one. My hope is that with this image attached (crossing my fingers), I can stir one of you to reply with the whereabouts of one. I've tried all the obvious sources starting with West Marine all the way to the Port Townsend Foundry and come up with zip. The photo os of one on my friends E31 but for the life of him, he can't remember whgere he got it, it was so long ago. Thanks for any help, Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey, CA

Did the attachment make it to the List?

Glyn Judson

Image not attached.

Mark, Thanks, I emailed it to our friend David and asked him to help me. Loren, I followed your clear directions but still didn't get the image to attach. I think it was because it was too large but for the life of me can't figure out how to reduce its size on my flat screen iMac. Later, Glyn

Emerald

Hi All,

Here is the picture of what Glyn is looking for, and I have to add, I'd like to find one also. This looks like a very nice way to take care of this for those of us with bowsprits etc.

Attachments

• Anchor_pin_lock-800x600.jpg
    Anchor_pin_lock-800x600.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 82

Glyn Judson

I found an anchor lock!!

All, For those of you interested, moments ago I ordered an Anchor Shaft Bracket, what I was calling an anchor lock, from Spartan Marine Hardware in Georgetown ME, ttp://spartanmarine.com/catalog.html, 207.371.2542 under the Catalog heading of Anchor Shaft. Actually I got two of them, the biggest and the smallest not knowing what size wil work best for my boat. So thanks to everyone who helped me out and for those of you who might need one, I've done some of the leg work for you. Regards, Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey

hcpookie

Member III
http://spartanmarine.com/source/02.htm

Good catch! That looks like something I'm going to buy very soon! I absolutely *HATE* strapping the anchor to the bowsprit. Had it jar loose in rough water on me before. After that, I've been researching the addition of a mini bowsprit that would serve only as a platform to store the anchor and for a roller. This strap would be perfect for the platform.

That pic in Emerald's post looks like there is a wooden platform something like I was planning to build. I figure I can put it on the tip and off to one side to avoid the rigging points. I've also considered putting two anchors up there to balance it out :)

Has anyone built a platform for the anchor? Thoughts on a platform like I'm describing?

Last edited:

Glyn Judson

Teak anchor platform.

Dear hcpookie, That anchor platform and bowsprit is one my friend Gary made this year for his E31 hull #19. If you'd like, email me back channel and I'll send you more large-sized images of it in its entirety and a few detailed images too. Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey, CA glynjudson@roadrunner.com