I need a pair of rope clutches.

Glyn Judson

All, I'm in need of a pair of older rope clutches for the coachroof to hold two halyards. I just can't work out the space for a second #16 Barlow winch in the tight space there so am defaulting to one winch (already there) and two clutches. The type I want are two open cams on a metal base, one fixed, one spring loaded with a batt handle attached to the latter. I seem to remember seeing them as bronze hardware which I also need them to be. Can anyone send me in that direction? I've already either been the used chandlery route or will finish up calling around the country for them but in the meantime, thought I'd tap into the collective brain trust of the list. Thanks for any help, Glyn Judson

Emerald

Glyn,

you aren't thinking of something like this old critter? It's bronze underneath that nasty chrome, and I had been thinking of stripping it to make it fit in better with our classic lines.

Attachments

• forespar1s.jpg
    forespar1s.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 54
  • forespar2.jpg
    forespar2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Glyn Judson

Old rope clutches.

Chris,

Most all of the deck gear on many of our E31's is unplated bronze and I want to stay with the spirit of that look, hence the search for more bronze.

If I could find a pair like what David just posted, it'd make me a happy man. Glyn, E31 hull #55 Marina del Rey CA