Hull number, Ericson 23

clinkscales1

I have an Ericson 23, manufactured in 1970 (pre HIN requirements), that has been in storage for 25 years. To register this boat the state requires some number to be permanently affixed to hull. I've been unable to find any identifying number anywhere on or in the boat. Does anyone know if or where an identifying number could be found on this model.

Bob in Va

Member III
Hull #

Your boat is a Mk 1 and its hull number will probably be in the low hundreds, somewhere around 110 or 120. I have yet to find where these numbers are found on the hull on Mk 1 boats, but if you have an ID# on a title or any other document, and it has a three digit number in that region, then that is probably it. It might also appear on a sail. Those are very good boats with excellent sailing qualities. If you want to know more and get acquainted with a bunch of folks who have E-23s, check out the owners and projects pages - my email address is listed and we would welcome you to the owners association. I'd be happy to correspond backchannel on this. :confused: