Hull Deck Joint Leak

HughHarv

Hugh
I have a significant leak above the galley. The interior fiberglass tape over the joint was cracked in a couple of places right where the water was seeping in so I removed a six inches of the tape. The filler in the joint was also cracked, widest part of the hull, maybe dock damage? Anyhow, I picked out the fractured filler to see where the water was coming from. When I pour water on the rubrail, it goes right into a crack between the rubrail and the hull where one area on the toe rail has pulled away. I'm thinking there must have been caulking there at one time, but before I get too far ahead of myself, I'd like to here from you all about fixing this leak.

HughHarv

Hugh
<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fffffb; COLOR: #fffffb" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
I have a significant leak above the galley. The interior fiberglass tape over the joint was cracked in a couple of places right where the water was seeping in so I removed about six inches of the tape. The filler in the joint was also cracked, widest part of the hull, maybe dock damage? Anyhow, I picked out the fractured filler to see where the water was coming from. When I pour water on the rubrail, it goes right into a crack between the rubrail and the hull where one area on the toe rail has pulled away. I'm thinking there must have been caulking there at one time, but before I get too far ahead of myself, I'd like to here from you all about fixing this leak.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->