How do I find my sail number?

Tbear

I don't have a sail number on my main. I have a 1987 E32-3, hull number 731. Were sail numbers automatically provided or do you have to apply for one?

Thanks,

Don Saunders,

SV/ Northstar
E32-3

david henry

Member I
You can also get a sail number through a regional racing organization, much less expensive than us sailing. A properly registered boat with an officially registered number is eligible to enter officially sanctioned races. On the Chesapeake the contact is CBYRA.

Normally, the number on the main corresponds with the number on the hull. It's the simple way to do it and you don't need to fork out any fees or get anyone's permission.
Morgan Stinemetz

Jerry

Inactive Member
For what it's worth

My recently aquired '74 E25 has the hull number sewn on the spinnaker. This appears to be original to the boat. Don't have the original main so I can't say what might have been on it.

david henry

Member I
Unfortunately, depending on where you race, your hull number has probably already been assigned to another boat by the governing body.

Shadowfax

Member III
Not to beat a dead horse here, but if you just want to put a number on your sail and not race with an organization that requires a sail number, then do so. Tradition holds that that number be the hull number of the boat. Usually the boats logo sits at the top, the boats model or length under the logo then the hull number under the model number, but you can do whatever combination you desire and still be "right".

If you want to race with an organization that requires a number on the sail, then join that organization [expect a fee] and they will assign you a number and tell you how and where to display it.

Hope this helps

Tbear

Thanks everyone

I've decided to get a USSA number to make sure I don't cross any lines!

Thanks for all the input!

Don
SV/Northstar
E32-3 #731