How about another raftup soon !!

boatboy

Inactive Member
Hi David,

Sorry we missed you. Saturday we had four Ericsons rafted together. There was also one additional Ericson in Ayala Cove who was mostly there with other boating friends, but he joined us for a bit of the happy hour. I believe everybody had a good time together as we shared hors doeurves, drinks and stories. Both Saturday and Sunday were georgous weather-wise.

Saturday night was fairly rough being tied up together. A decent North wind had picked up which directed some wave action right into the cove. Sometime around midnight or 1:00 AM we had a bit of a firedrill. Melissa and I were going nuts with the sounds of boats on both sides creaming their fenders into Pacifica's hull. It got bad enough that we were getting concerned about the possibility of some actual damage from one boat doing a bit of a bucking bronto routine on the weather side. We felt really bad about it, but had to rouse the owners (though I'm sure they were already awake) and help them move to a different mooring. Fun stuff - but all agreed a relief once it was done. Sunday morning we awoke to beatiful dead flat calm conditions.

On Sunday morning our dog Matey was anxious for a dinghy ride to the little beach just east of Ayala Cove. This spot is apparently the one bit of land on Angel Island that you are allowed to take your dog ashore for play and poop. You can only get there by dinghy. As we left the beach and started to head back into Ayala Cove, I thought it might be fun to take advantage of the flat calm conditions and fly across Racoon Straits for a close-up tour of the homes on the water. That was all well and good, however almost immediately after we started to head back the outboard had a conniption fit and refused to run any more. This of course means that I got to row back all the way across Racoon Straits with a wife and dog in an inflatable dinghy (which is not known for it's performance in rowing conditions). Luckily their was a fairly slack current at the time, so we were not washed out to sea.

Thanks to Corkhead (Julian) for taking the initiative to get this thing going. we look forward to the next one (in a hopefully more protected sleeping situation).

corkhead

Julian Ashton
The raftup

Gregg,
You won't belive this, Julie and I decided to get going Sunday morning so I boarded Pacifica to say goodbye to you and Melissa and manage the lines. You were gone so we figured you had taken Matey for a romp on the east side of AI.
We took off in that direction. I looked around for your dinghy and mentioned to Julie that I saw someone rowing way over by Tiburon, we thought no way and continued. So I guess it was you afterall!! Hope the outboard is OK.

We had a great ime, except for the 4 or 5 hours of rocky, bangy, noisy stuff.
Julie was exhausted by the time we got back to South Beach, I on the otherhand was drooling over the 15-20 knots of wind and a sunny sky. I elected to take the train home, Julie took the car. What a great day on the BAY.

It was good to meet you Bob, Phyllis & Ryan & Jonah too.

Lets keep in touch. I would really like to go to Drakes or HMB later this year.

Julian & Julie