Holding Tank Vent

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
Has anyone replaced the vent connector for the holding tank? I am speaking of the connector that passes through the hull topsides & is covered with a little clamshell vent cover. It connects to the 1/2" vent line. Ours is very rusted/corroded & was actually clogged causing incomplete pumpouts. What part can be used as a replacement & still fit under the clamshell? Anyone know a good source? Will WM generic work?

Thanks,
Keith
E-33

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
When I replaced my sanitation system, I also replaced the nasty vent you're asking about with a Sea Dog 90 degree gas vent from Fisheries Supply here in Seattle.

It was pretty easy to pull out the old one and put in a new. Just be careful when putting it in that you properly seal the sides to keep water from getting into your hull and (if you've not already done so) consider putting a access port into your holding tank so you can wash it out annually (see the project seciton of this site for my system replacement).

//sse

Last edited:

bigtyme805

Member III
Hi Keith:

Why don't you go over and see Mike or Casey at the coast chandlery they can get you pretty much anything, at least that is my experience.