Holding tank pumpout connection threads

hiflight

It appears that my recently purchased 1989 E-34 has threads for the holding tank pumpout connection that are non standard. All of the ones available for sale here (Texas), and ones commonly used at pumpout stations do not fit. I'm sure others must have found a source for a threaded connection that fits. Any suggestions? Thanks ....... Mike

Guy Stevens

Normally a rubber colne

Normally there is a rubber cone on the end of the pump out that is pressed into the deck fitting. In the areas that I have cruised I have never seen it done any other way.

Threading everything together and having a connector with two handles is generally used on the big boys, they don't thread onto the boat either.

For instance here is the edson offerings:
http://www.edsonintl.com/pumpstore/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=103

Thanks,
Guy
:)

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
The pump-out at our YC uses a rubber cone-shape end piece that is wedged rather forcefully into the holding tank deck fitting. Note that this might also allow it to fit around the little chain that secures the screw-out cap, if there is one.

Our pump-out station did come with several other adaptors, and IIRC one of those is some sort of nylon threaded end. I've never know of anyone who used a thread attachment -- but then I do not hang out at the pump-out dock watching, either! :rolleyes:

Apropos of the whole holding tank business... I believe that our club may now be up to four or even six boats that their owners have retrofitted with composting heads. They all seem very happy with the changeover.

Hope this all helps you "get your s__t together....
:0

Loren

Last edited:

u079721

Contributing Partner
It appears that my recently purchased 1989 E-34 has threads for the holding tank pumpout connection that are non standard. All of the ones available for sale here (Texas), and ones commonly used at pumpout stations do not fit. I'm sure others must have found a source for a threaded connection that fits. Any suggestions? Thanks ....... Mike

I dealt with this same issue back in '94 when we bought our 1989 E38-200. Our club sold threaded pump out adapters for $5, but they didn't fit my Ericson. I couldn't find one anywhere, but I was able to get the machine shop at work to make me a custom model after I brought them the cap to match the threads, but a few years later I lost it overboard. At that point I decided the heck with it and just replaced the deck fitting with a modern unit that matches the threads you find everywhere. Your choices are pretty much use the rubber cone (which requires you to hold it in place, and makes a pump out a two man job) or replace the deck fitting as I did.