holding tank location

blueox

Hi,I bought an 88 e-34 that never had a holding tank,cananyone tell me where thiers is located?Ialso pulled the aluminum fuel tank and the bottom is deeply pitted is there some way to coat an aluminum tank to preserve it,its not leaking YET? thank you Mike

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
Hi,I bought an 88 e-34 that never had a holding tank,can anyone tell me where theirs is located?I also pulled the aluminum fuel tank and the bottom is deeply pitted is there some way to coat an aluminum tank to preserve it,its not leaking YET? thank you Mike

Here is a pic of the OEM tank.Sail locker 004 [800x600].jpg
IIRC, it is a Ronco Plastics B-187, but someone with access to their boat should verify that number.

I wonder what was in that medicine bottle.

Last edited:

blueox

Here is a pic of the OEM tank.View attachment 12793
IIRC, it is a Ronco Plastics B-187, but someone with access to their boat should verify that number.

I wonder what was in that medicine bottle.

Thanks Tom,I guess that location makes sense with the location of the pump out deck fitting,I cant tell from the photo but my muffler and hot water heater are in that same area is the tank aft of them or do you have a different set up? Thanks again Mike

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
Mike - Here's another shot without some of the clutter. That milk case stays on top of the holding tank when sailing, tied down, of course.

Sail locker labeled.jpg

I verified the holding tank part # from this picture.

Holding tank label.jpg

Let me know if you have any other questions.