Hello from the dark side

saildad

Member II
Hey Vikings!!
I have a moment here at my desk and thought I would pop in and say hello to all my old pals.
My future wife and I are doing well living aboard our Catalina 42. the 2 cats are getting used to crossing the Santa Barbara channel. We are currently going out to Santa Cruz about once every 3 weeks or so. Bad thing is now that its getting later in the year we are a bit restrained by the weather forecast.
It is very cool to have such a new boat. Not that I didnt mind working on "On Porpoise". There is just something to be said for up grading and not "up lifting". So far I have installed a new flush mount icom with a remote mic out in the cockpit. We ordered our new bimini and dodger set up and that should be installed in about 4 weeks or so. Also on tap is coax cable routing thru the boat so we dont have to bring our TV/internet cable down through an open hatch. It does in fact rain in So Cal from time to time after all. :egrin:
We do belong to the Catalina 42 association http://www.catalina42.org/
I do have to say that these chaps are extremely helpful to the newbie. I do miss the banter that makes this site so damn entertaining(that would be pointed at Capt Dan/Kunu):egrin:
Have a great day!
As always any Ericson owner that heads to SoCal will always have a ride with us and our boat. Just email me at bbrayton@atra.com and we'll work out the details.
A big shout out to David and family in Annapolis MD. YO DAVE!!
Have a great day!!
Sail fast-live slow
Capt Bill and Tina
"Our Porpoise"
2000 Catalina 42
hull# 695
formerly
On Porpoise II
74 E-35
PS
Note on the new name
Since the admiral writes half the checks on this boat I was forced/coerced/talked into changing the name to reflect the partnership :egrin:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Capt Bill,
Do check in often here. You are always welcome. I go sailing sometimes with a friend on his C-42, out of our little yacht club.
That Cat 42 owner group has a nice DIY project web site, including the writeup on the one that was retrofitted with a SS tiller for a blue water cruise.

Regards,
Loren

Emerald

Hi Bill,

Nice to hear the update and that all is progressing well. You know you'll be hearing from me about a sail on both coasts as we travel around. Each of us still has to convince the other that the wind does blow on our respective waters! - We've hooked up for a couple sails on our respective sides of the world to always have the wind go flat :headb: - but beyond that, I highly recommend taking Bill up on his offer of a sail :devil: