Hello Bay Sailers

erobitaille

Member II
We are planing to be in the Chesapeake the last week of Aug. 1st week of Sep.:egrin:

Any of you guys have a recommendation on a charter company. We would like to cruise 7 to 10 days.

Annapolis, Rockhall or Oxford all work for us.

therapidone

Member III
Not much of a response, huh? It's probably because we all own our own vessels (or have as an owner/partner some financial institution!) & none of us has any experience with chartering on the bay.

In the heart of Bay sailing in Annapolis is Annapolis Bay Charters--they seem to have a very large selection.

Slightly to the south by auto (a little longer by water) on the West River is Hartge's (pronounced like Archie's but with an "H" at the beginning that IS pronounced) in Galesville. Small fleet & appear to be somewhat older, but this means that the charter rates should also be lower.

On the Eastern Shore & slightly to the north of Annapolis and the Chesapeake Bay Bridge in Rock Hall are 3 separate chartering companies. One of them, Haven, even has an Ericson 34 according to the information.
http://www.rockhallmd.com/rhboat/rhboat.htm

Soory, but I can't vouch for any of them.

erobitaille

Member II
Thanks Guys,

I did see the Ericson 34 in Rockhall! Looked into a few of the charter companies in Annapolis they all seem to pretty good.

By the way was born and raised in DC. Kept our boat at Mears for years before we moved to the left coast. Now planning on retireing back to the Bay some time in the future.

John Butler

Member II
We chartered with Annapolis Bay Charters twice last year and had a good experience both times. I think they have the widest selection of boats to choose from. No more chartering for us on the bay now that we have purchased an E38!