Hatch latches for wood hatches

Sven

Seglare
After a verrrrry long time trying to figure out something that would both look good and be functional as well as rugged, we finally installed latches on our new hatches. They work really well, keep the hatches dogged down, and don't look half bad.

We obviously haven't quite finished yet as we haven't plugged the screw holes, but we're really glad we took the time and didn't just kludge something together.

-Sven

Attachments

• DSC_3056.jpg
    DSC_3056.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC_3057.jpg
    DSC_3057.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC_3058.jpg
    DSC_3058.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 82

Glyn Judson

Lovely choice of latches.

Sven, Well, the searching sure paid off for you because the latches look great, chrome plated bronze I presume. You know, for just a few each bucks a guy can have any plated bronze part stripped. ; - ) I'm thinking of asking West Los Angeles Plating to start an account for me so I can just pay one monthly bill. Seriously, the funniest part of it all is that WLA Plating only does high end, brass, silver and gold plating. They don'e even have the capability to chrome plate. Thank goodness I only want it taken off every time. Say hi to Nancy for me and I'm sorry that my guide dog stuff got in the way the other day preventing us all from meeting at Catalina Island. Cheers, Glyn

Sven

Seglare
Hi Glyn,

Sven, Well, the searching sure paid off for you because the latches look great, chrome plated bronze I presume. You know, for just a few each bucks a guy can have any plated bronze part stripped. ; - ) I'm thinking of asking West Los Angeles Plating to start an account for me so I can just pay one monthly bill. Seriously, the funniest part of it all is that WLA Plating only does high end, brass, silver and gold plating. They don'e even have the capability to chrome plate. Thank goodness I only want it taken off every time. Say hi to Nancy for me and I'm sorry that my guide dog stuff got in the way the other day preventing us all from meeting at Catalina Island. Cheers, Glyn

Chrome plated bronze is what they are. They were supposed to be SS but that isn't what the packages say. Thanks for the comments even if they aren't oxidized bronze :egrin:

I don't know what we are going to do about you going to the dogs. I'm surprised Marilyn can't keep you under control and help you keep your priorities straight.

We would like to see you guys out there again some time !

-Sven

Mike Tinder

Member II
Nice Work

Dam thats looks great, that will keep those hathes in place. Your boats interior wood looks wonderful also. I just love my E39B. What is your overhead panels made of? Did that come from the factor or did Previous Owner Install?

Sven

Seglare
Mike,

Thanks.

The gorgeous overhead was done by Lew, the PO who might still be lurking here. He told us he bought the boat with the liner ripped out and then cut door skins to fit, with teak battents to hold them in place. The door skins were covered with vinyl (?).

Does your 39B have a shower ? Do you have pics of how that works ? I still have not figured out how to fit one into the forward head and make it practical.

-Sven