Has anyone ever run aground in their 80s era Ericson?

Geoff Johnson

Fellow Ericson Owner
Wow! Maybe I've been a overly critical of Ericson. Looks like the Beneteau keel was just attached to a cored hull without any kind of structural grid. I've always thought of the TFG as the real boat, with the hull just a way of keeping it afloat.

There are two types of sailors; those who HAVE run aground and those who WILL run aground!

:esad:

Too true, which I figured out after I jinxed myself. I was looking for the owner of a grounded boat on shore when, in response to a similar quote on FB "there are those who haven't run aground, and there are those who are sailors". I replied, "I haven't yet!". That very night a storm hit, my bouy line broke, and I found myself a sailor! LOL.

The 26 Eriscson drifted to shore, no keel damage, but diesel leaked through what I assume is the tank vent. Now, however, I am having a problem.... I start filling the tank and a pool of diesel forms in front of the engine..... a tank hose problem I hope?

What is super weird is that when I flush/pump the head, the bilge pump starts. The water level doesn't change, nor do I see water ripples in the bilge when this happens. Obviously there is another connector problem, hopefully, in the head-to-thru hull line. But this started after the grounding, never happened before. Weird!

If any of you have similar stories and even advice.... I am piggy-backing on the threads more general question.... Thank you! -Hallie

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Better not to spread same question in different threads. Confuses everything and means parallel responses.

If no satisfactory reply, or to reinvigorate a topic, just "bump" the original post (i.e., add a new message, which returns the thread to "new posts").