Gps

fool

Member III
iNavX is superb, but not android compatible...

Have been using iNavX on iPad and on a MacBook with a hockey puck gps receiver that came with the boat.

Terrific program, intuitive to use and versatile.

If you are thinking about purchasing an iPad, say a refurbished one from the apple store online, look for one that has cellular capabilities. You don't have to subscribe to a cellular service, but these are the iPad's with built in GPS sensors. The wifi only iPad's don't have the GPS built in.

Do not purchase additional charts as you can download RNB & BSB raster charts for free from NOAA. Heck, you can even download full size PDFs if you're inclined to do so.

http://www.charts.noaa.gov/

Sorry Android users...:esad:

GrandpaSteve

Sustaining Member
GPS/Chartplotting App for Android

Navionics Boating works great on my LG G2. I plan on trying it on a Nexus 7 (2013 Model) later this Spring.

I also use OpenCPN on a Windows notebook PC with a GPS puck at the nav station.

mkollerjr

Member III
Blogs Author
I have Navionics (the basic version) on two of my iPads, iPhone, and Google phone. Seems to work great. The tide/current feature is really cool. You don't need cellular data for the app to work (the charts are stored on the device). I'm currently assembling a DIY Ram Mount for my various devices while at the helm. Maybe I'll post pics what that project is done.

IMG_2022.jpgIMG_0479.jpg