Good news on Parts....

rhewitt

Member II
Howdy,

Any of you that has an engine with a "Kubota" base the only place to get parts is the M.G. Bryan co. in Grand Prairie Texas... email: nancy.corgill@mgbryan.com 972-6234301 and she will do the job for you.

As most of you know for over two weeks I have been trying to find parts to rebuild an "88 Universal M-25XP (Kubota base). NO ONE in the USA or the world had all the parts I needed, most everyone would not even return an email or phone call (the list is long). Torresen Marine (Marine Diesel Direct) had some of the parts but where over $3,000. (yes three grand more) higher than the M.G. Bryan, Kubota parts distributor.
They accept credit cards and ship anywhere. Lucky me we have a couple coming down to Nicaruagua next week from Oklahoma and they are going to bring them to us and stay in our Hotel too.

I was able to find after long discusions with a lot of folks, an elbow riser (exhausto mixer) and a damper disc to tranny and new motor mounts from Kelly at torresen, she was very helpful too once we figured out what to call it. and a part #. I have learned more about little diesel engines that I ever wanted to know... But it has now all come together and thanks to a bunch of you Guys and your input and help it looks as if the old engine will be a TOTAL rebuild and I hope it goes strong for another 20 years.
If any of you have questions about parts Kubota - Universal - Westerbeke, just ask away and I bet I can direct you to the right place... you would be surprised who knows what out there and who will not even email you back.

How about this.... engine - in & out, macaniches (2) labor, machine shop, parts & shipping from 3 places, fuel tank in & out, cleaned and new holddown tabs welded on. Enigne not yet back in and running but looks like under $2,500. total job. Will keep you posted as to outcome.

Nica Ralph