Fund Raising 2023-2024

windblown

Member III
View attachment 48806
Welcome to the 2023-2024 Fund Raising at EricsonYachts.org!
Always pleased to participate. When we purchased TradeWinds seven years ago, I was so excited to have the boat I’d only dreamed about. Then came the reality of boat maintenance (and the nightmares around potential catastrophic failures), along with the daunting realization that there were very few professionals to be had in our area who could/would do the work necessary to keep her ship shape. Thank goodness for this forum!!

The wisdom, experience, and knowledge to be found here, along with the supportive community spirit that responds clearly, gracefully, and patiently as another newbie joins and confronts the predictable project list are remarkable, as others have testified.

Kudos to you, Sean, and to the moderators, and to the whole community. Somehow, our boats have crossed over from ”maintain” to “restore” while I’ve been on the forum. It gives me deep joy to be one of those who has gained the skills and vision through this community to be one of the stewards for the classic Ericson fleet.

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Thanks for all you do, Sean. Ellen and I have owned Pilot Project for 20 years now and we couldn't have kept it in such fine shape without the experts and characters that contribute to this resource.

Happy New Year!

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Ok...so now that it's nearly the end of January - I am letting everyone know that all the fund raising stuff has been completed, the checks were deposited, the bills have been paid and I am in the process of contacting folks to say thank you for participating this year: Fund Raising 2023-2024 is complete!

This year has really been one for the books - I have never seen time speed by so quickly. Both Meeta and I are constantly amazed when we look up and the day/week/month is at an end and there is still so much left to be completed (and things keep popping up, like a new 'mildew smell' in the sunroom; the origin of which I now have to investigate).

So, once again, thanks to all of you for supporting the site in the manner in which you did. I also really appreciate the nearly continuous activity on the site, the welcoming of new owners and the offering of advice, documentation, old gear, etc. amongst the membership. All of this is what I envisioned when this site was assembled back in 2000, and it is so gratifying to see. Although, I have to admit, it's also a little disturbing to see the time rip by so quickly...

Anyhow - best wishes to all of you. I'll be in touch separately to thank you guys, and look forward to meeting some of the new owners this coming year on the east coast!

//sse

Last edited: