Fund Raising 2022-2023

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Greetings!

Sorry for my silence of late; I'll explain it in just one moment.

First however, I would like to announce that The 2022-2023 Fundraising Season is complete, the bills have been paid and we are good to go for another year. I will be responding to each of the contributions individually later on today to thank each of you who participated, however please allow me to say generally a big thanks to everyone for continuing to support EricsonYachts.org. Our (soon to be) 22 year history only exists because of a.) the participation of all it's members and b.) because of the generosity of the same to help in paying the bills. I am continually told how much people enjoy this site, and also (from others outside of EY.o) that the site is held in high regard within the sailing community. These things are only possible because of YOU - so thank you so very much in making all this possible and in making all of it happen on a daily basis.

Now - my disappearance of late. Meeta and I have decided that after 30 years of living in Seattle; 30 years that we have enjoy thoroughly and a community we have become very fond of, that a change in venue is due, both because of personal interest, but also to be closer to family. After much thought, much research and many airline tickets and car rentals throughout 2021 and 2022, we have purchased a home in southern New Hampshire, and are relocating there...uh....now (...and being welcomed there with new snow!). As you might guess, I have been busy making all of that happen, and it starts (the movers are picking up all our stuff), tomorrow morning. I probably don't have to tell you this, but after 30 years, you can imagine the mess/issues we are currently dealing with, and the bodily pains that I am currently experiencing in packing and moving everything from my grandmothers crystal to a 300+ lb elliptical machine.

Anyhow, the upshot in all of this is that while I will still be here, checking in, admitting new people each day and resolving problems, my response time may be lengthened for about the next 45 days or so (but especially the next two weeks) as we get everything moved to the east coast, generally set up, and then get back here and put our Seattle home on the market before trekking across the country for the final time. We are expecting to be completely installed and settled by mid/late March, 2023.

So that is what is happening at our house, and if you need me, I will still be around will still respond to email, but will be working from my phone and laptop for awhile while all this gets sorted out, and might be a little less, uh....'spritely'....

Thanks for your continued support of EricsonYachts.org, and your patience with me in the next 45 days... :egrin:

//sse

Last edited:

Prairie Schooner

Jeff & Donna, E35-3 purchased 7/21
Welcome (back?) to New England Sean. Best wishes for smooth logistics as you finish things up.
Thanks for all you do for the site. As I understand it, you're an architect now. If you work in that field is as well thought out as this site, your clients are very lucky indeed.
Cheers,
Jeff

william.haas

1990 Ericson 28-2
Echoing the comments of others... best of luck with the move, thanks for everything you do, and I occasionally sail out of Mamaroneck (on a Pacific Sea Craft 36) when I'm on the East Coast and you're always welcome.

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Update:

Greetings from Southern New Hampshire!

Well we’re finally on the other coast… And I am busy unpacking boxes and looking for things and trying to figure out how to do something or other… But it’s all coming together…if slowly...
Advice on moving? Don’t do it! :egrin: Since we haven’t moved in more than 30 years it was extremely painful, expensive, and really taxing generally… The whole thing took about three months after packing/movers having taken our stuff…and was more stressful than I remember from when I was younger...

Our adventures ranged from being greeted with a -34° cold snap when we arrived, to my having developed a damaged ankle (almost a stress fracture running up/down stairs while packing), forcing me to the local hospital here the night before our closing, to our having to deal with a wasted truck hub while we were passing through a small town in rural Wyoming on the final drive…

But - all in all we’re doing well...we missed 'the big storm of the season' here and the now the snow is melting! I hope everyone is well look towards some updates coming soon… Thanks for your good wishes... =)

//sse

Attachments

• 8FBA8689-6C2A-4EA4-AE7C-81D9E759441E.jpeg
    8FBA8689-6C2A-4EA4-AE7C-81D9E759441E.jpeg
    243.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Sean, UGH, moving! My condolences but hopefully you’ll be in a happier place. Now that you’re on the “right” coast maybe you can come to the Annapolis Sailboat show this fall and meet some of the Chesapeake bay sailors! BTW, a word of advice, it’ll take you ca couple of years to unpack ALL of your boxes.

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
it’ll take you ca couple of years to unpack ALL of your boxes.
We'll see - I made her a deal that anything I don't have unpacked by this time next year can be tossed...so I have an incentive... =)

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
We'll see - I made her a deal that anything I don't have unpacked by this time next year can be tossed...so I have an incentive... =)
Stay the course! We still have a small group of boxes from our remodel (moved out of most of the house for 6 months) from 2010. Some of those will probably get thrown out, eventually. (sigh)