Fuel fill cap for 1987 E34-2. Need a source.

Kasbud

The fill cap has a very fine thread compared to the marine store replacement caps.

Thanks for any clues forwarded

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
My '88 boat had a fuel fill cap with a cast-in depression for a (short) winch handle stud. Worked OK, and obviated the need for a special opener tool.
EY installed these in the 80's. Ultimately we replaced all of the deck fill fittings with new ss models with "flip up" tabs that are easy to use.
Did you lose the OEM cap overboard?

ps: hope the OP does not mind, but I shortened the title to make searching a tad easier.

Speaking of "searching" here is just one prior thread about this topic.

Last edited:

Kasbud

My '88 boat had a fuel fill cap with a cast-in depression for a (short) winch handle stud. Worked OK, and obviated the need for a special opener tool.
EY installed these in the 80's. Ultimately we replaced all of the deck fill fittings with new ss models with "flip up" tabs that are easy to use.
Did you lose the OEM cap overboard?

ps: hope the OP does not mind, but I shortened the title to make searching a tad easier.

Speaking of "searching" here is just one prior thread about this topic.
Yes. Open it to fill and chain broke. I used a water fill cap for temp security of fuel and stuck a plug in the water fill.

JSM

Member III
Last year I also lost the fuel cap for our 34-2 and could not find a replacement. Ended up buying a new receptacle and cap at West Marine.