From EY president's son

presidentsson

Hi,

My name is Randy Walton and I'm the son of Del Walton who was president of Ericson until the late 70's. He also started the company with Bruce King in the mid 60's. I just wanted to write to say that its great to see that avid sailors are still enjoying Ericsons today. My dad is now 73 and retired, living in Scottsdale AZ. As a kid, I still remember the plant in Santa Ana and all the great people who worked there. Recently, while vacationing in Orange County, I drove by the original plant site in Orange (about a half mile east of Anaheim Stadium). Fare thee well all Ericson owners!!!

CaptnNero

Accelerant
Welcome

Hi Randy,

Welcome to The Forum and thanks for popping in with the good info on your Dad. I've looked around and most of the brand name sailboat forums don't have the high quality content that this one does. After all, how could they if they're not talking about Ericsons :devil:

Your family may already know this, but I've found at least on the right coast that often other boaters think the Ericson was made in Europe ! :egrin: They have no idea it's from California and sometimes Mexico.

I don't know how much you've read in this forum, but it can sometimes be a tough crowd. Not wishing to break with that tradition I've got to hail to you "Ahoy, what are you guys sailing these days ?". Come on, fess up Randy, what do you say ?

presidentsson said:
Hi,

My name is Randy Walton and I'm the son of Del Walton who was president of Ericson until the late 70's. He also started the company with Bruce King in the mid 60's. I just wanted to write to say that its great to see that avid sailors are still enjoying Ericsons today. My dad is now 73 and retired, living in Scottsdale AZ. As a kid, I still remember the plant in Santa Ana and all the great people who worked there. Recently, while vacationing in Orange County, I drove by the original plant site in Orange (about a half mile east of Anaheim Stadium). Fare thee well all Ericson owners!!!

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
Hi,

cool Randy, :cool: I worked there when the coleman bros ran it once purchased (from your family ?) by CML Corp....fun times, i'll bet some of the same employees were there...a great group of folks...brininging in some of the boston whaler products was a nice touch...ain't nothing like the ericsons during the 60's - 80's ...... lots of trips to catilina... :egrin: