FRESHWATER PUMP - How Bad?

Hcard

Member III
Dear Friends, I have a 3GM30F Yesterday my engine started making noises and when I opened I noticed the Freshwater pulley was rotating but wobbling a throwing what seemed to be oil or something similar. The engine did not overheat and we managed to get to port ok. I am concerned because of what seems to be oil flying around but not coolant? Please see attached Avery short video of the engine (you may have to slow it when paying it, sorry) . It seems evidently that the freshwater pump is gone, but why the oil? doe it mean the head gasket is gone? Can you recommend a good place to purchase parts for this engines? Many thanksScreenshot 2023-08-28 at 12.15.45 PM.png

Dave G.

1984 E30+ Ludington, MI
Couldn't get the video to play ? Not positive about Yanmar engines but pretty sure there is a gasket between the pump and the engine. There is a shaft that powers the impeller in the pump and that shaft goes into the engine so there is oil involved. If the whole pump assembly is loose you will leak oil.

Hcard

Member III
Thank you Dave, I will go down to the boat again and get better pics and video. I am just hoping the engine did not blow the ed gasket. Many thanks, I will come back with more data.