Guest viewing is limited

Fresh Water Tank, 25 Gal - Fits in Bow - RONCO RW-B115 - $40

Dave Rummens

This is a fresh water tank out of my E35-2 (1972) that was located under the V-Berth, near the bow. I had a larger capacity tank custom built so I want to sell this one. Ronco is the largest manufacturer of boat and RV Tanks. These tanks go new for $195. This one's in fine shape. See diagram for dimensions.

It has NPT threaded inlet, outlet and vent ports, and there are barbed adaptors inserted in each to attach to hose. Please note - the barbed adaptor for the outlet is broken off so you would need a new one of those.

Both the vent and outlet ports have a 1/2 inch barbed fitting that adapts to a 1 inch NPT threaded hole in the tank. You can adapt to whatever size hoses you have by purchasing 1 inch NPT to barbed adapters.

The fill port is located on the port side - on the side of the tank. It has a 1-3/4 inch NPT to 1-1/2 inch barbed adapter.

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 139
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Ronco  B115 25 Gallon.jpg
    Ronco B115 25 Gallon.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 121

zube017

Member II
i may be interested.

i'm wondering if this will fit through my access panel in the v berth or will i need to enlarge my opening. what are the dimensions of you front access panel?- if your boat is set up like mine with 2 access lids in the v berth.

dan

Commotion

Member II
Water Tank Info for E-35 II ???

I read that a water tank was an option under the cabin sole of the E35II's Can anyone help me here?

1. Dimensions?
  2. Capacity?
  3. Location (s) option (s)
  4. Advice?

I am re-doing the interior and want to tackle this project first. I am thinking I am going to have to cut the cabin sole and custom order a tank. Then modify the cabin sole so I may have better access to the tank later. I am planning on using that vinyl material that looks like teak and holly. Durable, relatively inexpensive, looks acceptable, low profile and low maintenance. I think I want something as big as I can get into that space and keep as much weight out of the bow area as possible. I have a holding tank up in the forward area of the V-berth and plan on that staying empty as much as possible. The old water tank was set up just aft of that. It is currently empty and the v-berth tops are off. I could put a secondary tank there and only use it for extended cruising, but, again, want to keep the weight out of the front and as low as practical. I am thinking of moving the holding tank back and using the current holding tank area to store anchor chain instead of fore locker. Or should I just keep the holding tank where it is and is it practical to route the chain where the old water tank was... that would be keeping the chain weight nice and low and more aft??? Any ideas there are appreciated too.

Any advice is appreciated

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
The under sole water tank was added at the factory before the sole was laid in. It begins at the front of the settee covering the engine, and runs to the main bulkhead. it is about 2 foot wide and 8 inches deep, if I recall correctly. Installing one at this point would be a MAJOR undertaking. Many of them, like mine leaked after a few years and were either abandoned, repurposed as storage, or have ugly scars and holes under the table to access the top of the tank to try and reseal it every few years. A plastic tank inside a metal case may do better, but I am not sold on the in sole tank. I rarely use mine and the butcher job done by the P/O has caused problems with the floor flexing and the engine side cover popping off if you are not careful where you step. It is a great idea but at least the factory set up was not well executed. If you proceed it is best to try a fresh approach and not try to copy the factory's mistake. Edd

Commotion

Member II
Thanks for the reply

I agree with your point of view. If I do go ahead with the tank under the sole, I will make sure it is a quality job. I am still exploring and considering the option for space and displacement. Tanks again for the response.