Found one!!!

Porter

Hello everyone been looking for a Ericsson for awhile now . Moved in a month ago, she's a 84 E 30 plus this ones quite the story,she's hit a bridge sigh already fixed the hairline cracks in the deck pulpit was ripped clearly off fixed all four leaks still need to bend it back, had ceramic tiles on the floor, when I moved in we weighed them at 138 lbs after removal. Recently went through the 5416 runs beautifully now. Here the weird part have a 35 on the sail and one long beam were any E30 outfitted from the factory with a E35 mast and sails she can get overpowered quite in some of the Gail's down here in Port Aransas, Tx even fully reefed Cunningham on and min back stay rake( also were I found this lost Beauty). Haven't measured it yet but my neighbor has a 38'6 on his C&C and she's def taller lot of work left excited as ever heading to Panama soon regardless

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
You can check the specs for the 1984 E30+ in the downloads section on this site. If my memory is correct the mast is about 46 feet tall and the boom about 12 feet long--yes, a large mainsail on these boats, and they sail really well!

Frank
1984 E30+

Porter

Haven't had her out in light winds yet, but I think that's were she will do her best work thanks for the info! I'll have some photos up son love this boat. Going to measure the mast here in a bit once the winds kick down.

Porter

A few pictures of the boat and the.day me and Red sailed her home

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 67

Frank Langer

Porter,

Yeah, this boat does really well in light air, but she will also do well in stiffer breezes. I usually put in the first reef in the mainsail at about 17 knots, and a second reef at about 22 knots to keep her sailing well (though I have sailed her in 19 - 20 knot winds without reefing as well, and she was fine, just heeled a little more and a bit trickier to manage).

They are great boats, and worth looking after to keep them sailing!
Enjoy!

Frank

Porter

Winds were about 20 knot going out this morning. We got her heelled over 45 today, just bouncing the ball. Ended up reeling the main to the second reef this afternoon as we got a Northern, blowing 30-35 knots after around eleven.The rig was straight thoughout what a well built fractional rig I might add. Hit 6.9kt this afternoon, with fully loaded tanks! Not sure how I feel about the front tank being full in heavy airs might have gotten 7 outta of her. We flew her wing on wing full main down the channel. Gave here almost a inch of halyard back and she flew. 5.8 downwind respectfully, cant wait to clean her out some more hundreds of pounds of really just trash and 1/2 thick ceramic tiles? Overall I love this boat I plan on really just cruising here but with a racing team on board all I can say is WOW!

Frank Langer

Yeah, the E30+ is a well-designed boat--fast in light winds, but able to handle heavier winds as well. She just wants to go all the time. A very fun boat to sail!

According to the formula (1.34 x square root of the water line) she should go about 6.7 knots at top speed, but I regularly have her sailing at 7.2 to 7.5, have even reached 8.2 on a close haul in ideal wind/wave conditions.

Frank
1984 E30+

Last edited: