for sale Spinnakers, folding prop off E-3 9

Sam Clemens

Member I
(3) Spinnakers 53'x28'
appear to be in very good condition.

Martec folding prop just rebuilt 16x16x1 in very good condition.

evm

Member II
E39 parts

Sam,

Don't need the spinnakers or prop but I do have a question. What prop are you using? My e39 does not back down well either but I wanted to talk to someone with a maxprop or the like to see if that made it back down better. I am assuming that the keel and rudder configuration is what prevents us from backing down well.

I got rid of my 17 16 1 martec folding back when I bought the boat and opted for a fixed 3 blade at the time. I just wanted to be able to push through any seas and did not have the money for the maxprop.

I did keep both the spinnakers amd have flown them as conditions and crew allow. I have a bigboy too. Someday just for fun I'll have to giive it a try.

--Ethan

Sam Clemens

Member I
e-39

Ethan:

I put a fixed 17X13 seems to perform good , yes I think the reason its hard to back down striaght is because the deep part of the fin is so close to the rudder. But it does not go into irons while sailing so I guess it's another trade off.

I would like to hear from someone who has a maxi prop on a E39 or e46 (looks about the same on the bottom) and see how much it helps.
I would hate to spend that much money and not have it make a big change in backing.

I have a manual tranny and I let it freewheel , dosn't seem to slow the boat down a whole lot from the 16X16 folding while sailing , if I had to lock the shaft it would slow it up a lot. ( I tried locking it in reverse, slows it down about 1 knt.)

I can live with the poor backing but if the maxi would really make it back down a lot better I would consider it myself.

Batboy:

The red reaching sail is 3/4 oz looks to be in very good condition.
downwind sail is 11/2 oz also looks to be in very good condition.
Older sails but look good
Martec very good , ran on my boat no vibration and clean and tight.
I have one downwind spinnaker 3/4 oz has hole about the size of a quarter , probably not worth much.

I would sell them all for $600.00
I'm not sure of the cut on the sails yet still have to stretch them out and look at them again.

Is the Pacifica by your name the town of Pacifica?
I grew up in Half Moon Bay, Pillar Point and spent a lot of time in deep sea fishing boats between HMB and SF. in boats. Great place to be.

Sam

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Prop Options...

If you do a "search" on "feathering prop" on this site, you will find good information and even a picture (!) of my featherer...

As stated before, if I could afford a 3 blade I probably would have one... the 2 blade was a lot cheaper, tho...

:)

Loren

boatboy

Inactive Member
Dear Sam,

If you would be willing to accept $450 for the 3 spinnakers, I'd be happy to take you up on it. As for the prop, I think we want to get a 3 blade feathering model.

Pacifica is the name of the boat. It's what she came with, and we kinda like it, so we're keeping her that way. The past owners did have a home in Pacifica, so it is probably related.

You can contact me directly at: gdavids1@pacbell.net .

Greg