For Sale 1988 Ericson 28: Gloucester, VA

rttbail

After many enjoyable years of sailing in Barnegat Bay and now in the southern Chesapeake Bay I am selling Shangri La. She is in good condition and has been well maintained. She has a Dodger and a Bimini. She is powered by a Universal 12 HP Diesel and has a Lowrance GPS. She is in the water in Gloucester, VA. Asking Price is $11,000.

Attachments

• shangri la.jpg
    shangri la.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_5476 (1).jpg
    IMG_5476 (1).jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5477.jpg
    IMG_5477.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_5478.jpg
    IMG_5478.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_5479.jpg
    IMG_5479.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_5482.jpg
    IMG_5482.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_5488.jpg
    IMG_5488.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_5492.jpg
    IMG_5492.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_5501.jpg
    IMG_5501.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_5502.jpg
    IMG_5502.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 76

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Clean boat! And priced low.... heck, the diesel engine and the Origo stove are worth that much!
If I could be presumptuous , could you provide a closeup picture of the builder's plaque on the teak face of the companionway sill???
My '88 boat did not come with one, and I would like to have one made for our boat.
Thanks!
Loren

GCWhit2

It's a wing keel and she draws 4'
Thank you. I only have about 5 feet of water at low tide, so the draft is a concern for me, because there are times when it gets so low, my 1977 E27 actually sits on the bottom. I’m looking to upgrade. Your boat looks pretty nice, cockpit cushions and all.
Do you have a spinnaker?
Does it have H&C pressurized water?
Does the auto-helm work?
When was the last haul and bottom job?

rttbail

Thank you. I only have about 5 feet of water at low tide, so the draft is a concern for me, because there are times when it gets so low, my 1977 E27 actually sits on the bottom. I’m looking to upgrade. Your boat looks pretty nice, cockpit cushions and all.
Do you have a spinnaker?
Does it have H&C pressurized water?
Does the auto-helm work?
When was the last haul and bottom job?
I do not have a spinnaker. She does have H&C pressurized water. There is no auto helm. She was hauled three years ago. I have a diver clean the hull and check the zincs each July.

GCWhit2

I do not have a spinnaker. She does have H&C pressurized water. There is no auto helm. She was hauled three years ago. I have a diver clean the hull and check the zincs each July.
I have a cruising chute I think will work. Sorry…I should’ve noticed sooner from your pics that there was no auto-helm. Not a deal-breaker…just another thing that could break.
I’m about three hours away. I’d like to come see the boat, but not sure if it would be a good idea with holiday traffic this weekend. Would you be available to show her to us a week from Sunday?

rttbail

Hi, yes next Sunday would be fine. What time do you think you could be at the marina in Gloucester Point? Where are you coming from?

GCWhit2

Hi, yes next Sunday would be fine. What time do you think you could be at the marina in Gloucester Point? Where are you coming from?
Coming from Annapolis. Should take 3 hours. We can shoot for noon, and I can text/message you with a more exact eta from the road. Does the Marina have a name/address?