finally, halyard, sweet halyard repair

chip50

Member II
hello all, i finally got to repair my stuck halyard...in fact i replaced the both, with steel and rope type. had to rent a man lift to get up there and it wasnt as easy as i thought it would be,,,also replaced the anchor light bulb and i did something different ,,,,i mounted a solar light on top of the mast, stainless. like the kind you have down the drive way only larger. but not much....it comes on at dark and lasts 8 hours....i decided to put it on at the last moment since i probably wont get back up there for some time....i put it up as a back up light in case i should lose power to my anchor light in the night....i think it may help...i also added 2 light sticks and a med. cow bell to each life jacket and a medium size knife. hey guys ,,,im fixing to try sailing soon...i also mounted 2 solar out door lights on the deck...already they have helped us at night when we first arrive there at the dock and can see to get aboard..we are almost finished rewiring the entire boat,,,new every thing except me....:)that just seems to keep aging....happy sailing to everyone.....chip and angela:egrin: