Featured in Forbes re: Mid-Career Pause

Bolo

Contributing Partner
I count myself as one of the lucky ones, I guess, because during my almost 50 year career as a photographer, with most of it being a freelance commercial/editorial photographer having a “job” was a matter of hustling to get the work from a variety of sources. So, even though I worked with a great number of individuals in charge of marketing and editors for magazines who almost all lost their jobs because of slow times, company reorganization or just plain being fired, I almost always had a job and loved what I did. Even though “retired” I still shoot for a client or two, between sailing trips of course! I think that photographers and writers are sort of like being a priest or maybe a member of the mafia! You never stop doing what you love to do. OK, maybe the mafia thing is a bad example but you get what I mean. So, my advice is, yes, sail to Hawaii and when you get back, consider opening your own business or consulting firm for a lot of other businesses. (My two cents worth of advice.)
IMG_0673.jpeg

vanilladuck

E32-3 / San Francisco
Blogs Author
That's awesome - thanks for sharing Bob! I've actually been ideating loosely what opening my own business might look like...