facet fuel pump on universal 25 XP

HerbertFriedman

Member III
I would like to have a spare facet fuel pump on board. Going to the Universal parts distributor in Fairfield CA, they quote $237, ouch. Local parts store same price. Went online found facet 476459E for $79.95 at Yacht Supply Depot, they say this pump is marine rated. I got the number of 476459 somewhere in the Prev. Owners literature, anyone have any information on this pump. Supposedly pressure up to 8 psi and plenty of flow.

EGregerson

Member III
pump

I think the Facet is the same fuel pump I had on my Universal 25; I found an identical replacement at NAPA auto parts for about $100. Funny story; when I bot my boat, I motored down thru the bay; in and out of the marina for months; never realizing the pump was not working; just a coincidence that i found out; (when I changed the filters); apparently the injector pump had enough suck to keep the motor running; once the flow was interrupted with the filter change, I needed the fuel pump to get fuel back to the injector pump.

I attached a pic with the Facet in the upper lift for comparison.

Small35.JPG

HerbertFriedman

Member III
OK, it appears that my quote from Yacht Depot for $79.95 versus the quote from the Universal dealer of $237 is what others have found, so I think I will purchase the Facet 476459E pump from Yacht Depot. But can anyone verify that the model number is the correct pump, or quote the specs on PSI and flow rate for the M25XP engine so that I can check it out??

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
I would like to have a spare facet fuel pump on board. Going to the Universal parts distributor in Fairfield CA, they quote $237, ouch. Local parts store same price. Went online found facet 476459E for $79.95 at Yacht Supply Depot, they say this pump is marine rated. I got the number of 476459 somewhere in the Prev. Owners literature, anyone have any information on this pump. Supposedly pressure up to 8 psi and plenty of flow.

Yes, this is the correct pump. 476459E

http://www.facet-purolator.com/cat_part_finder.php?fltr=476459E&col=PART_NUM_ID

I bought one in 2012, and it had the same number as the original. I bought it from AfterMark in Richardson, TX and would strongly recommend NOT dealing with them. I had a customer service problem which took months to resolve. I made a new filter gasket and put the original pump back in service, then sold the new one when it finally arrived after the boating season.

HerbertFriedman

Member III
Tom, did you pay the $237 or close to it and do you recall the specs (pressure and flow) of the new pump. Was the number on the pump (I cannot find any number) a Facet number or the Universal part number (which I already have)?

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
Tom, did you pay the $237 or close to it and do you recall the specs (pressure and flow) of the new pump. Was the number on the pump (I cannot find any number) a Facet number or the Universal part number (which I already have)?

It was a little under $100. It was the best I could find at the time, in stock with fast shipping.

I gave you a link to the specs. On the specs is a link to the drawing of the pump showing where the info is stamped.

6.5 - 8 PSI. 32 GPH The number is stamped on the mounting bracket.

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
Facet

Tom sold that Facet to me. No. 476459E. The number is on the bracket. Tom's hand written tag says: GPH 26, PSI 2 shutoff 6.8, lift 45".

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I routed this thread over to my diesel mechanic friend and he said that our small diesels will hardly ever use over a gallon per hour, so these pumps will all work fine even though their specs on flow for different model numbers may be somewhat different.

Loren

Stu Jackson

C34IA Secretary
attachment.php

Are you aware that you have the old alternator bracket which can fail catastrophically?

Alternator bracket - http://www.c34.org/wiki/index.php?title=M-25_Alternator_Mount_Conversion_Kit_"B/M_256891" Once you do this, you'll need to BURP the freshwater coolant, here's how, Reply #6: http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,4518.0.html