Ericsson 32-200. Replacement Port lights.

SRoyall

Old to Sailing - new to my Ericson 32-200
I have seen a good deal of good advice on replacing gaskets and re-bedding but have not been able to find a source to purchase replacement port lights. I have a 1988 32–200 and the port lights have already been pulled apart a few times by previous owners I think the best bet is to bite the bullet and replace with new ones.

Can anyone link me to a retailer Who sells replacement Lewmar port lights?

ps. I purchased the 32-200 in Detroit, sailed across Huron and into Georgian Bay. Just spent two weeks solo sail in Georgian bay. 63 year old life time sailor and this is the best “sailing boat” I have reverted owned. Solid as a rock, sails upwind well. just a pleasure to sail.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
When we did a full re-fit on our '88 boat, we changed out all six of the stock Lewmar opening ports for their current model "Atlantic" port lights.
The closure design is superior to the turn-levers on the earlier model that we had. Less places to leak, and also no seam in the outer frame. You can view them in my blog on this site.
Launched in 2021, and all still working perfectly.
Easy to find at most chandlers, but if you can, find a friend with a professional account at West or Fisheries......... There is real money to be saved that way.

SRoyall

Old to Sailing - new to my Ericson 32-200
Thanks Loren, very helpful. This is a spring 2024 project for me so I have some time to shop around. I had been looking at Lewmar Standard but will check out the Atlantic ports.

Marlin Prowell

E34 - Bellingham, WA
We replaced the original Lewmar portlights with the Standard Lewmar Size 1 portlights. These are exactly the same size as the original Lewmar portlights so replacement was straightforward. The Atlantic portlights are slightly different in size, so some cutting is involved. Our original portlights were badly crazed, and the locks would leak.

We purchased ours from Fisheries Supply. No sales tax charged, free shipping over $100, and if you create an account, they cost about $25 less.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
The Atlantic portlights are slightly different in size, so some cutting is involved
Good point. That said, like many other EY boats our factory port cutouts were not all that precise, so slightly enlarging them enabled a better fit for the new ones. We slightly realigned several of them, altho no one will ever probably notice. The frames now have a more water-tight overlap on the exterior of the cabin side, too.

Last edited: